Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Dy... Happy Birthday Charles...

What was left of Rea's cake... Mmmmm....

November is a "busy" month for us. Busy in the sense that several members of the family celebrate their birthdays in November.

Last 13, it is my daughter Rea. Today is my dad's "37th" birthday and tommorow is my son-in-law, Charles' birthday.

So happy birthdays to you guys!

I just called my dad, who we called Dy (or Di, short for Daddy....). This is one of the longest conversation I had with him in a long time. We, my sisters and I; usually call him during holidays and birthdays. I guess just to say hello and touch base.

I learned that he had a bout of bad case of influenza a couple of weeks back. But he seems to be ok now.

He said that most of his brothers and sisters saw him last Saturday, the 17th; I guess for an early birthday celebration. You see he is the eldest among his siblings. There is Uncle Ben, Uncle Gani (for Isagani), Auntie Ligaya, Auntie Liway (for Liwayway), Uncle Bayan (for Bayani), Auntie Zeny, Uncle David (RIP), Auntie Mercy and Auntie Celia. It must have been a nice mini reunion of sorts. Thus I asked him to sent me some pictures.

The last time we had this impromptu reunion was when my grandmother, Lola Genia, died in 2004; their mother. This is one of the rare times that the clan was present. At least most of us. My lola would have been proud to see all her children, grandchildren and friends there!

Hopefully we'll have a proper reunion next time.

Again, Happy Birthday Dy!

No comments: