Monday, April 28, 2008

Phases of Life 3: Kallen Turns Two


Kallen can sing Happy Birthday before he even turned two.

One day while I was driving him to his Popo's house, I heard him singing "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...." I was wondering who taught him that. But I later found out that he has this penchant for singing.

He loves Alicia Key's No One, and I am not kidding nor exaggerating. He even loves it with the music video, hence I downloaded both the original music video and a live one she sung at Good Morning America in New York. His Honey even downloaded the ringtone and Kallen always (I mean always!) asks his Honey to play back the ringtone for him. He also loves Hi-5 and Wiggles as any young person would.

Back to his birthday, he turned two this month and got; as always plenty of toys. The biggest of which is a medium size (as opposed to the "normal" size jumping castle that one can hire) "jumping castle" complete with a slide. It was a "bargain" at AUD299.00, or so my daughter tells me and she justified it by saying that she won't hire another one. That is till this one breaks!

This birthday is a special for him as well as for us. Special for Kallen since he knows how to sing the birthday song, blow out his candles (with an "S") and he sort of can enjoy his special day and play with the kids. He was also surprised by his siblings (with the help of mom and dad), with baloons when he woke up on his birthday! He was thrilled, as he loves baloons and balls.

For the grown ups, it was special seeing him so happy with the gifts. Plus of course all the food and drinks consumed!

("Popo" grandmother in Indonesian and Chinese.)

No comments: