Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Got "Tagged" on Australia Day

You know how bloggers and video bloggers get tagged. You tell your readers 5 , ten or more things about you... personal things that they obviously they don't know about you. The tagging goes round and round.


In my case, I was a "victim" of a surprised birthday party. It was a pleasant surprise for it was my 50th birthday (one) party, orchestrated by my wife Irene (two) and daughter Rea (three). Like tagging, surprise parties gets around and the older you get the more probable that you'll be the lucky recepient of one.


I knew something was up. Just my 3rd eye or sixth sense (four), nothing seems normal in the last couple of weeks. But I think I played along and wished deep in my heart that someone would organise a surprise party for me, hey I am getting old.


The only thing is, and this an issue I have with my mom; I was born too close to New Year (five) (I won't mention the exact date for fear of identity theft!). Anybody who was born close to Christmas or New Year knows that your loved ones and relatives and friends try to just give you one gift for both occassions. When I was young, it pisses me off to no end, as a kid you wanted more toys to play with or more money to spend (six). That is why a birthday surprise party on the 26th is a bit too late; or so I thought!


To my amazement (seven, I still get amazed!), turning 50 does not insulate you from excitement and delight (eight, still feels those too). I was so happy (nine, these simple things still make me happy, I am still alive!)and felt so blessed (ten, who wouldn't felt blessed!).

A big thank you to my honey, Irene; daughter, Rea; son-in-law, Charles and the rest of the Utan, Baylon, Mendoza, Mucio, Villena and Apacionado clans!

No comments: